The Albany Great Danes (21-9, 9-6 AmEast) and Binghamton Bearcats (11-19, 2-13 AmEast) will go head-to-head at SEFCU Arena to close out the regular season. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Binghamton Bearcats vs. Albany Great Danes Free Preview
The last time the Bearcats played, they lost to the Hartford Hawks, 67-57. Binghamton’s Fard Muhammad put together a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Hartford did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (18-23; 78.3 percent). Binghamton, on the other hand, held the Hawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.430 (below their season average of 0.534).
The Great Danes will look to keep it rolling after defeating the Maine Black Bears in their last contest, 89-79. Albany’s Travis Charles had a good game, putting up 16 points and 14 rebounds. Albany dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 34.6) and a free throw rate of 0.446 (above their season average of 0.276). For those same stats, Maine was 19.4 and 0.186, respectively.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Albany ranks 307th in possessions per game (66.5) and Binghamton is 255th (67.9). Also, the Bearcats rank 261st in offensive rebounding percentage (26.5 percent), while the Great Danes rank 37th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Bearcats won 79-66. The Bearcats dominated every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.481 and a turnover percentage of 13.1. For those same stats, the Great Danes had marks of 0.220 and 15.4, respectively. Willie Rodriguez was the game’s leading scorer with 20 points.
Binghamton Bearcats vs. Albany Great Danes Betting Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Under
- The Bearcats rank 175th in steals per game (5.5) while the Great Danes rank 231st (4.6).
- Albany ranks 204th in assists per game (12.6) while Binghamton ranks 226th (12.1).
- Binghamton ranks 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Albany ranks 176th (4.2).
- The Bearcats rank 160th in three pointers attempted per game (21.6) while the Great Danes rank 298th (15.5).
- Albany ranks seventh in rebounds allowed per game (29.8) while Binghamton ranks 142nd (34.7).
- The Great Danes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 6.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bearcats have scored an average of 63.4 points per game (6.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (0.1 below their season average).