The Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (5-9) head to McDougald-McLendon Gymnasium to take on the North Carolina Central Eagles (5-9). The Wildcats look to put an end to a seven-game road losing streak. The game begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats vs. North Carolina Central Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams got blown out in their last game. The Eagles fell to the 22nd-ranked Clemson Tigers, 71-51, while the Wildcats were defeated by the DePaul Blue Demons, 80-58.
Bethune-Cookman had a better turnover percentage (17.1 vs. 15.6) while North Carolina Central had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.0 vs. 17.2). Zacarry Douglas played well for North Carolina Central, recording 12 points and 11 rebounds. Bethune-Cookman, meanwhile, was led by Cletrell Pope, who recorded 11 points and nine rebounds.
The Wildcats won the only contest between these two teams last year, 99-81. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Bethune-Cookman’s largest strengths. They made 28 trips to the line, while North Carolina Central went just 11 times. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Randy Miller, Jr. has been playing at a high level recently for North Carolina Central, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Look for North Carolina Central to dominate the offensive glass in this showdown. The Eagles are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 46th in offensive rebounding percentage at 34.5 percent. Meanwhile, Bethune-Cookman ranks 257th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.5 percent.
Bethune-Cookman at North Carolina Central Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Under
- North Carolina Central ranks 53rd in assists per game (15.1) while Bethune-Cookman ranks 172nd in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- The Wildcats rank 179th in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while the Eagles rank 242nd (19.6).
- North Carolina Central averages 2.6 blocks per game, which ranks 109th in the country. Bethune-Cookman ranks 123rd in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Eagles rank 107th in rebounds per game (34.5) while the Wildcats rank 221st in rebounds allowed per game (38.6).
- North Carolina Central ranks 39th in steals allowed per game (5.8) while Bethune-Cookman ranks 114th (6.6).
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (5.6 below their season average).
- The Eagles have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, North Carolina Central has defeated opponents by an average of 4.4 points.