MEAC foes will collide when the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (5-12, 1-1 MEAC) square off against the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (7-9, 2-0 MEAC) at William P Hytche Athletic Center. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2018.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks ATS Preview
The Wildcats beat the Howard Bison in their last game, 92-87. With 21 points, 13 rebounds and five assists, Bethune-Cookman’s Soufiyane Diakite played well. Bethune-Cookman out-rebounded Howard. The Wildcats had more offensive rebounds (20 vs. 10), defensive rebounds (31 vs. 27) and total rebounds (51 vs. 37).
The last time the Hawks played, they beat the Hampton Pirates, 92-83. Maryland Eastern Shore was lifted by Ahmad Frost, who was the games leading scorer with 33 points on 10-for-15 shooting. Maryland Eastern Shore played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.182) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.590 (above their season average of 0.424). Hampton put up marks of 0.243 and 0.471, respectively, for those same stats.
It will be a matchup of opposite paces as the fast-paced Wildcats will look to push the slower-paced Hawks. The Wildcats rank 12th in possessions per game while the Hawks are 318th.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Hawks won both games last season. In the last matchup, Maryland Eastern Shore won 82-81. The Hawks played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.262 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.9. For those same stats, the Wildcats were 0.156 and 23.5, respectively.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats vs. Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bethune-Cookman, ATS Winner – Bethune-Cookman, O/U – Over
- The Wildcats rank 52nd in blocks per game (4.4) while the Hawks rank 103rd in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 10th in rebounds per game (41.5) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 261st in rebounds allowed per game (40.8).
- The Wildcats rank 120th in assists per game (14.2) while the Hawks rank 250th (10.5).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 78th in three pointers attempted per game (24.3) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 198th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- The Hawks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 19.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 88.0 points per game (7.8 above their season average).