The Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (5-10, 0-1 MEAC) will be at Burr Arena to go head-to-head with the Howard Bison (7-9, 1-1 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats vs. Howard Bison ATS Odds
In their last game, the Bison easily got past the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 79-39, while the Wildcats fell to the North Carolina Central Eagles, 68-59.
Howard dominated nearly every stat category in the contest. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.479) and a free throw rate of 0.346 (above their season average of 0.272). Maryland Eastern Shore was 0.246 and 0.193, respectively, for those same stats. Bethune-Cookman, meanwhile, held North Carolina Central to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.1 (below their season average of 34.5). RJ Cole played a key role for Howard with 26 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Cletrell Pope had a solid performance for Bethune-Cookman, finishing with 15 points and 20 rebounds.
The Wildcats won the only contest between these two teams last year, 92-87. Bethune-Cookman won the rebounding battle. The Wildcats had more offensive rebounds (20 vs. 10), defensive rebounds (31 vs. 27) and total rebounds (51 vs. 37). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
The aggressive Howard offense looks poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Bison rank 66th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.276, while Bethune-Cookman ranks 219th in FTA rate allowed (0.241).
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at Howard Bison Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Howard, O/U – Under
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 17th in rebounds per game (40.9) while Howard ranks 243rd in rebounds allowed per game (40.5).
- The Bison rank 177th in three pointers attempted per game (20.8) while the Wildcats rank 194th in three pointers allowed per game (24.5).
- Howard averages 6.3 steals per game, which ranks 113th in the country. Bethune-Cookman ranks 125th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Bison rank 33rd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Wildcats rank 120th (4.0).
- Bethune-Cookman averages 13.5 assists per game, which ranks 129th in the nation. Howard ranks 210th in assists allowed per game (15.6).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 2.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (6.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.0 points per game (2.2 above their season average).