Expect a fast-paced game when the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (12-13, 6-5 MEAC) head to Delaware State to take on the Hornets (3-21, 2-8 MEAC). Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats vs. Delaware State Hornets Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Hornets lost a winnable game to the Florida A&M Rattlers, 97-95, while the Wildcats fell to the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 66-58.
Bethune-Cookman held Maryland Eastern Shore to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below the 30.1 mark opponents have averaged against Bethune-Cookman this season) while Delaware State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.545 (above their season average of 0.463). Delaware State received a boost from Johquin Wiley, who recorded 18 points, five rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Cletrell Pope led the way for Bethune-Cookman, putting up 10 points and 15 rebounds.
The Wildcats won the lone game between these two teams last year, 69-49. Bethune-Cookman had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.477 vs. 0.291). Delaware State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.4 vs. 15.3). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
There could be plenty of transition action in this meeting that showcases a pair of the country’s more up-tempo teams. Delaware State ranks eighth in possessions per game (76.4) and Bethune-Cookman is 11th (75.4).
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats vs. Delaware State Hornets Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Bethune-cookman, ATS Winner – Bethune-Cookman, O/U – Under
- Bethune-Cookman averages 38.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 48th in the NCAA. Delaware State ranks 289th in rebounds allowed per game (40.3).
- The Wildcats rank 172nd in assists allowed per game (13.3) while the Hornets rank 261st (16.0).
- The Wildcats rank 87th in three pointers allowed per game (20.1) while the Hornets rank 248th (24.3).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 67th in steals per game (7.4) while Delaware State ranks 211th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (4.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.6 points per game (0.1 below their season average).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, up from 1.8 for the season.