The Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (0-1) will be at home in UTRGV Fieldhouse when they square off against the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (1-0). Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats vs. Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros Free Preview
The Wildcats dismantled the Johnson (FL) Suns in their last contest, 108-66. Shawntrez Davis was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 10-for-13 shooting. Bethune-Cookman dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.242 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.7. For those same stats, Johnson (FL) was 0.118 and 27.1, respectively.
In the Vaqueros last game, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Nicholls Colonels, 111-106. Xavier McDaniel Jr. was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Nicholls did a great job of getting and making free throws (23-29; 79.3 percent). Texas-Rio Grande Valley, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (10.3 vs. 18.3).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Texas-Rio Grande Valley. Dating back to last season, Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 283rd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.2 percent), while the gambling defense of Bethune-Cookman has forced the 72nd-most turnovers in the nation (20.6 percent).
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bethune-Cookman, ATS Winner – Bethune-Cookman, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Vaqueros rank 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Wildcats rank 202nd (3.8).
- Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 23rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.8) while Bethune-Cookman ranks 143rd in three pointers allowed per game (20.8).
- Texas-Rio Grande Valley averages 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 61st in the NCAA. Bethune-Cookman ranks 292nd in assists allowed per game (16.3).
- The Vaqueros average 37.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 87th in the nation. The Wildcats rank 309th in rebounds allowed per game (39.7).
- Bethune-Cookman averages 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 33rd in the nation. Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 242nd in steals allowed per game (7.2).