The Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (12-12, 6-4 MEAC) will be at the William P Hytche Athletic Center to clash against the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (3-21, 2-7 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats vs. Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Hawks lost a close one to the Coppin State Eagles, 68-67, while the Wildcats had no trouble getting past the Howard Bison, 87-68.
Bethune-Cookman dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (above their season average of 30.1) and a turnover percentage of 17.2 (better than their season average of 17.5). For those same stats, Howard was 25.0 and 26.2, respectively. Maryland Eastern Shore, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 19.7). AJ Cheeseman played well for Maryland Eastern Shore, putting up 17 points and five rebounds. Bethune-Cookman, meanwhile, was lifted by Leon Redd, who contributed 23 points and five steals.
The Wildcats won the sole game between these two teams last season, 89-68. The Wildcats’ 11.9 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Hawks, who had a rate of 18.2. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Maryland Eastern Shore. Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 326th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Bethune-Cookman forces the 65th-most turnovers in the nation (21.7 percent). Additionally, the Wildcats rank 59th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.265), while the Hawks rank 288th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.267).
Bethune-Cookman vs. Maryland Eastern Shore Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Bethune-cookman, ATS Winner – Bethune-Cookman, O/U – Under
- Bethune-Cookman averages 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 59th in the nation. Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 280th in rebounds allowed per game (39.8).
- The Wildcats rank 175th in assists per game (12.5) while the Hawks rank 252nd (10.3).
- The Hawks rank 113th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while the Wildcats rank 234th (19.0).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 60th in steals per game (7.5) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 176th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 2.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 58.2 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.8 points per game (7.7 below their season average).