The Marquette Golden Eagles (1-0) will be at home in Fiserv Forum when they challenge the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (0-1). Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at Marquette Golden Eagles ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Golden Eagles won big over the UMBC Retrievers, 67-42, while the Wildcats lost big to the DePaul Blue Demons, 80-58.
Marquette played a flawless contest. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.467 and a free throw rate of 0.183. For those same stats, UMBC was 0.274 and 0.129, respectively. Bethune-Cookman, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (17.1 vs. 15.6). Markus Howard put together a good game for Marquette with 15 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. Bethune-Cookman, meanwhile, rallied around Cletrell Pope, who contributed 11 points and nine rebounds.
This matchup pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defensesSince the 2017-18 season, Marquette ranks 15th in effective field goal percentage (0.565), while Bethune-Cookman is 52nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.481). Also, the Wildcats, who rank 55th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.277), could earn plenty of trips to the line against the Golden Eagles, who rank 310th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.286).
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at Marquette Golden Eagles Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Marquette, ATS Winner – Marquette, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Bethune-Cookman ranks third in rebounds per game (41.8) while Marquette ranks 298th (32.4).
- The Golden Eagles rank 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Wildcats rank 157th (3.5).
- Marquette averages 6.0 steals per game, which ranks 163rd in the NCAA. Bethune-Cookman ranks 191st in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- The Golden Eagles rank 46th in assists per game (15.6) while the Wildcats rank 263rd in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- Marquette ranks 26th in three pointers attempted per game (26.6) while Bethune-Cookman ranks 165th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9).