The Tennessee State Tigers (17-13, 9-8 OVC) welcome the Belmont Bruins (23-7, 14-3 OVC) to Gentry Center as the regular season finishes up. Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Belmont Bruins at Tennessee State Tigers ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Tigers beat the Jacksonville State Gamecocks 65-55, while the Bruins barely escaped the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles 65-62.
Belmont played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 25.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.536 (below their season average of 0.559). For those same stats, Tennessee Tech was 22.2 and 0.483, respectively. Meanwhile, Tennessee State’s effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Jacksonville State. The Tigers had a rate of 0.692 (above their season average of 0.537), while the Gamecocks posted a mark of 0.344 (below their season average of 0.514). Tennessee State rallied around Wesley Harris, who contributed 13 points and seven rebounds. Nick Muszynski, meanwhile played a key role for Belmont with 23 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Muszynski led the Bruins to a 74-51 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 21 points. The Bruins’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Tigers. Belmont had a rate of 8.2, while Tennessee State posted a mark of 26.5.
The offense of Tennessee State (176th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 102.5) will clash against the top-notch defense of Belmont (44th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 94.2). The Bruins should have the edge on that side of the ball. Furthermore, the Bruins rank 32nd in turnover percentage (16.5 percent), while the Tigers rank 279th in opponents’ turnover percentage (17.6 percent).
Belmont Bruins at Tennessee State Tigers Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Belmont, O/U – Over
- Belmont ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (27.8) while Tennessee State ranks 187th (21.0).
- The Bruins rank first in assists per game (18.7) while the Tigers rank 75th (14.1).
- Tennessee State ranks 47th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Belmont ranks 62nd (2.9).
- The Tigers average 37.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 65th in the country. The Bruins rank 215th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- Belmont ranks 52nd in steals per game (7.7) while Tennessee State ranks 133rd in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 62.2 points per game (10.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (5.0 below their season average).
- The Bruins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.8, up from 12.3 for the season.