The Washington Huskies and Belmont Bruins will go head-to-head at Alaska Airlines Arena to begin their seasons. Washington opened as a 3-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 153.5 points. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Belmont Bruins at Washington Huskies ATS Preview
Last season, Belmont did not reach the tournament following a 22-6 regular season. Washington also failed to make the tournament after a 9-22 regular season.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Huskies ranked 31st in offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 percent), while Belmont ranked 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent) in the 2016-17 season. Additionally, the 52nd-ranked offense of the Bruins (offensive efficiency of 111.8) will attempt to exploit the 332nd-ranked defense of the Huskies (defensive efficiency of 111.8).
The Bruins were 22-6 straight up (SU) and 15-12 against the spread (ATS) last season. Vegas was fairly accurate when predicting totals of Belmont games, with 14 unders compared to 12 overs.
On the other side, the Huskies were 9-22 SU and 9-21 ATS last season. Of Washington’s 30 games that accepted bets last year, 20 finished under the O/U total.
Belmont Bruins at Washington Huskies Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Belmont, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bruins rank 88th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while the Huskies rank 226th (7.1).
- Belmont ranks 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while Washington ranks 172nd (35.2).
- Belmont averages 16.0 assists per game, which ranks 30th in the nation. Washington ranks 272nd in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- The Huskies rank eighth in blocks per game (5.5) while the Bruins rank 213th (2.7).
- Belmont ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (29.8) while Washington ranks 185th (20.6).