The Belmont Bruins (20-7, 11-3 OVC) travel to Ellis T Johnson Arena to meet the Morehead State Eagles (12-15, 6-8 OVC). The Bruins look to continue their six-game winning streak. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Belmont Bruins at Morehead State Eagles ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Eagles got blown out by the Murray State Racers, 85-57, while the Bruins beat the Jacksonville State Gamecocks, 101-84.
Belmont played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.313 (above their season average of 0.159) and a turnover percentage of 6.1 (better than their season average of 14.8). Jacksonville State put up marks of 0.113 and 12.4, respectively, for those same stats. Morehead State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.1 vs. 13.2). Tyzhaun Claude played well for Morehead State with 13 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Belmont was lifted by Nick Muszynski, who finished with 18 points, 12 rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Muszynski led the Bruins to a 77-59 win. He recorded a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds. Converting at the free throw line was one of Belmont’s largest advantages. They were 9-11 (81.8 percent), while the Eagles were just 4-10 (40.0 percent).
Morehead State may have difficulty getting to the foul line in this meeting. The Eagles rank 303rd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.193, while Belmont ranks 27th in FTA rate allowed (0.165).
Belmont Bruins at Morehead State Eagles Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Belmont, O/U – Over
- Belmont ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (28.2) while Morehead State ranks 228th (19.5).
- The Bruins rank 105th in blocks per game (3.3) while the Eagles rank 180th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- The Eagles rank 73rd in rebounds per game (37.7) while the Bruins rank 241st in rebounds allowed per game (37.4).
- Belmont ranks first in assists per game (18.9) while Morehead State ranks 108th (13.6).
- The Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 79.0 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.2 points per game (3.4 below their season average).