The Illinois State Redbirds welcome the Belmont Bruins to Redbird Arena to open their seasons. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Belmont Bruins vs. Illinois State Redbirds ATS Odds
After a 25-4 regular season campaign, Belmont went to the tournament as an 11 seed in the tournament last season. They lost in the First Round to the Maryland Terrapins. Illinois State, meanwhile, failed to make the tournament following a 14-14 regular season.
The Bruins were 25-4 straight up (SU) last season, but had a difficult time covering the spread (17-12-2 against the spread (ATS)). Vegas had a tendency to place the total slightly low when Belmont is involved, as 61.3 percent of their games finished over the projected point total.
On the other side, the Redbirds were 14-14 SU and 16-14 ATS last season. Vegas had a tendency to set the total slightly low when Illinois State is involved last year, as 60.0 percent of their games finished over the projected point total.
It could be a tough matchup for Illinois State on the offensive glass. The Redbirds ranked 273rd in offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 percent), while Belmont ranked 29th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.6 percent) last season.
Belmont at Illinois State Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Illinois State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Belmont averages 19.5 assists per game, which ranks first in the country. Illinois State ranks 203rd in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- The Bruins rank 105th in steals per game (6.7) while the Redbirds rank 248th (4.9).
- Illinois State ranks 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Belmont ranks 161st (3.5).
- The Bruins rank 31st in rebounds per game (38.6) while the Redbirds rank 205th (34.5).
- Belmont ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (27.9) while Illinois State ranks 187th in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).