The 16th-ranked Baylor Bears (1-0) take on the Washington Huskies (0-0) at Alaska Airlines Center. The game starts at 9:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019, and will air on ESPN.
Baylor Bears vs. Washington Huskies ATS Odds
The Bears easily got past the Central Arkansas Bears in their last matchup, 105-61. Jared Butler was the game’s high scorer with 30 points on 10-for-14 shooting. Baylor played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.1 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.690. For those same stats, Central Arkansas was 17.4 and 0.393, respectively.
After a 24-7 regular season campaign, Washington went to the tournament as a nine seed in the tournament last season. They reached the Second Round, where the North Carolina Tar Heels defeated them.
The Huskies, meanwhile, were 24-7 SU and 16-14-2 ATS last season. The Huskies’ games went under the projected point total 56.3 percent of the time.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. Washington ranks 297th in possessions per game (66.6) and Baylor was 309th (66.2) since the 2018-19 season. It could also be an error-filled game for the offense of the Bears, which ranks 268th in ball security (turnover percentage of 19.8 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Huskies, which forced the seventh-most turnovers in the NCAA (24.4 percent).
Baylor Bears vs. Washington Huskies Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Baylor, ATS Winner – Baylor, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Baylor ranks 56th in rebounds per game (37.9) while Washington ranks 299th (31.3).
- The Huskies rank ninth in steals per game (9.0) while the Bears rank 155th (6.1).
- Washington ranks 25th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while Baylor ranks 89th (21.1).
- The Huskies average 5.7 blocks per game, which ranks second in the country. The Bears rank 228th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Baylor ranks 98th in assists per game (14.2) while Washington ranks 255th (11.6).