The Texas A&M Aggies (1-4) will be at home in Reed Arena when they clash against the South Alabama Jaguars (3-2). Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 23, 2018, and can be seen on SEC Network.
South Alabama Jaguars at Texas A&M Aggies ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Aggies fell to the Washington Huskies, 71-67, while the Jaguars easily got past the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks, 79-58.
South Alabama played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 18.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.451). Southeast Missouri State put up marks of 17.8 and 0.387, respectively, for those same stats. Texas A&M, on the other hand, held Washington to an effective field goal percentage of 0.377 (below their season average of 0.509). Texas A&M was lifted by Jay Jay Chandler, who recorded 21 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Rodrick Sikes played a key role for South Alabama with 30 points.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Texas A&M figures to have a significant edge. Since last season, the Aggies defense ranks 29th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while the South Alabama offense ranks 284th in effective field goal percentage (0.490). ,
South Alabama Jaguars at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Texas A&m, ATS Winner – Texas A&M, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Texas A&M averages 41.8 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the NCAA. South Alabama ranks 289th in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- The Jaguars rank 71st in assists allowed per game (12.1) while the Aggies rank 251st (14.6).
- Texas A&M ranks 200th in steals per game (5.7) while South Alabama ranks 227th (5.4).
- The Aggies average 5.8 blocks per game, which ranks fourth in the NCAA. The Jaguars rank 235th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- South Alabama ranks 70th in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while Texas A&M ranks 261st in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).