The Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (3-3) will be at home in Allen County War Memorial Coliseum when they take on the Samford Bulldogs (5-1). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 23, 2018.
Samford Bulldogs vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons Betting Odds
In their last game, the Mastodons beat the South Carolina State Bulldogs, 72-68, while the Bulldogs got blown out by the 23rd-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes, 68-50.
The Mastodons had an absurd free throw rate of 0.422 (above their season average of 0.157) and held the Bulldogs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.430 (below their season average of 0.491). Samford, meanwhile, held Ohio State to an effective field goal percentage of 0.471 (below their season average of 0.612). John Konchar had a good outing for Purdue Fort Wayne, recording 18 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Brandon Austin fueled Samford with 11 points and seven rebounds.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Purdue Fort Wayne figures to have a noteworthy edge. Dating back to last season, the Mastodons offense ranks 47th in that metric at 0.544, while the Samford defense ranks 336th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.550). ,
Samford vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Purdue Fort Wayne, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (28.2) while Samford ranks 314th in three pointers allowed per game (26.4).
- The Mastodons rank 204th in rebounds per game (34.8) while the Bulldogs rank 313th (31.4).
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 150th in blocks per game (3.4) while Samford ranks 240th (2.6).
- The Mastodons average 15.0 assists per game, which ranks 77th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 317th in assists allowed per game (17.8).
- Purdue Fort Wayne averages 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 15th in the NCAA. Samford ranks 192nd in steals allowed per game (6.6).