The Prairie View A&M Panthers (1-4) will travel to Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum to go head-to-head against the East Carolina Pirates (3-2). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 21, 2018, and can be seen on ESPN 3.
Prairie View A&M Panthers vs. East Carolina Pirates ATS Odds
In their last game, the Pirates were victorious over the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros, 69-64, while the Panthers lost to the UNCG Spartans, 74-66.
East Carolina dominated nearly every stat category in the contest. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.543 (above their season average of 0.479) and a free throw rate of 0.413 (above their season average of 0.292). UT Rio Grande Valley had marks of 0.324 and 0.294, respectively, for those same stats. Prairie View A&M, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.520 (above their season average of 0.457). East Carolina’s Seth LeDay led the way, putting up 12 points and eight rebounds. Prairie View A&M, meanwhile, received a boost from Darius Williams, who put up 15 points.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of East Carolina. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, East Carolina ranks 334th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.5 percent), while the pesky defense of Prairie View A&M has forced the 10th-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.8 percent).
Prairie View A&M at East Carolina ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – East Carolina, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Prairie View A&M ranks 30th in steals per game (7.6) while East Carolina ranks 242nd in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- The Pirates average 34.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 200th in the country. The Panthers rank 257th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- East Carolina ranks 155th in blocks per game (3.3) while Prairie View A&M ranks 200th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Panthers rank 116th in assists allowed per game (12.8) while the Pirates rank 274th (15.1).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 180th in three pointers attempted per game (21.6) while East Carolina ranks 266th (19.5).