The Portland Trail Blazers (12-6) will travel to ORACLE Arena to go head-to-head with the Golden State Warriors (12-7). Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 23, 2018, and can be seen on NBC Sports – Bay Area.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Golden State Warriors ATS Odds
Both teams failed to cover as underdogs in their last contest. The Trail Blazers (7.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Milwaukee Bucks, 143-100, while the Warriors (1.5-point underdogs) fell to the Oklahoma City Thunder, 123-95. The Portland game finished 16 points over the projected point total of 227, while the Golden State game finished 5.5 points under the projected point total of 223.5.
Portland did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (23-28; 82.1 percent) while Golden State had a much better free throw rate (0.193 vs. 0.075). Kevin Durant played a pivotal role for Golden State with 27 points and 14 rebounds. Damian Lillard, meanwhile had a good game for Portland, recording 22 points and five assists.
The Trail Blazers edged out the Warriors in this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the last game, Portland won 125-108. Portland out-rebounded Golden State. The Trail Blazers had 14 offensive rebounds and 46 total rebounds, while the Warriors had six and 33, respectively. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Of the Trail Blazers’ 18 games, 10 have gone over the total. Portland comes into the game with records of 12-6 straight up (SU) and 11-7 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Portland, just over half of Warriors games have finished under the O/U total. Golden State has a respectable 12-7 SU record, but they are just 8-11 ATS.
Jusuf Nurkic has taken his game to another level as of late for Portland, averaging 16 points,13.4 rebounds,3.2 assists,1.6 blocks over the last five games.
Getting to the line could be hard to find for Golden State in this matchup. The Warriors currently rank 13th in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.205, while Portland ranks second in FTA rate allowed (0.163). ,
Trail Blazers vs. Warriors ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Over
- The Warriors rank 20 in steals per game (7.157894736842105) while the Trail Blazers rank 29 (6.111111111111111).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (28.2) while Portland ranks 26th (20.5).
- The Trail Blazers rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while the Warriors rank 18th (17.6).
- Portland ranks 10th in second chance points per game (14.5) while Golden State ranks 25th (11.8).
- Portland ranks 2 in rebounds per game (50.44444444444444) while Golden State ranks 14 (45.473684210526315).
- The Warriors rank fourth in fast break points per game (17.3) while the Trail Blazers rank 27th (10.4).
- The Trail Blazers rank 11 in three pointers attempted per game (32.55555555555556) while the Warriors rank 25 in three pointers allowed per game (35).
- Portland ranks 23 in points in the paint per game (45) while Golden State ranks 28 (41.05263157894737).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while Portland ranks 22nd (5.9).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Portland is 4-0 and Golden State is 1-0.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Trail Blazers are 12-5 and the Warriors are 12-3.
- Golden State is 6-4 ATS at home, while Portland is 4-5 ATS on the road.
- The Trail Blazers have 6 overs and 3 unders in 9 road games.
- Of the Warriors’ 10 home games, they have 7 unders and 3 overs.
- The Trail Blazers are 1-4 ATS over their last five games, while the Warriors are 0-5.
- In their last five games, Portland has 4 overs and 1 under, while Golden State has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 110.0 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 120.8 points per game (10.6 above their season average).
- The Warriors have been outscored by an average of 11.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Golden State has defeated opponents by an average of 4.3 points.