The Orlando Magic (9-9) will travel to the Pepsi Center to challenge the Denver Nuggets (11-7). The Magic opened as 7-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 214.5 points and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 23, 2018.
Orlando Magic vs. Denver Nuggets Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Nuggets (1-point favorites) covered in a 103-101 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Magic fell to the Toronto Raptors, 93-91, but did cover as 7-point underdogs. The Denver game finished 15.5 points under the projected point total of 219.5, while the Orlando game finished 34.5 points under the projected point total of 218.5.
Denver played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.4 (worse than their season average of 12.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.551 (above their season average of 0.524). Minnesota recorded marks of 15.8 and 0.500, respectively, for those same stats. Orlando, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (15-19; 78.9 percent). Denver received a boost from Paul Millsap, who recorded 25 points, five rebounds and five steals. Nikola Vucevic played a pivotal role for Orlando with 14 points and 18 rebounds.
The Nuggets dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent game, Denver won 103-89. Denver had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.529 vs. 0.428). Orlando, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (18-23; 78.3 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Oddsmakers tend to place the total high when the Magic are involved, as 61.1 percent of their contests have finished under the O/U total. Orlando heads into the contest with records of 9-9 straight up (SU) and 10-7-1 against the spread (ATS).
Similarly to Orlando, Nuggets games also have typically finished under the total (61.1 percent). Further, Denver owns records of 11-7 SU and 9-9 ATS.
Vucevic has been playing at a high level recently for Orlando, averaging 26 points,11.2 rebounds,3.4 assists,1.2 steals over the last five games.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams clash. Denver currently ranks 23rd in possessions per game (101.0) and Orlando is 24th (101.0). ,
Orlando Magic at Denver Nuggets ATS Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Under
- Denver ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (41.2) while Orlando ranks 22nd (46.6).
- The Nuggets average 14.9 second chance points per game, which ranks seventh in the league. The Magic rank 17th in second chance points allowed per game (13.6).
- Orlando ranks fifth in assists per game (26.1) while Denver ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (23.3).
- Denver ranks 6 in points in the paint per game (52.888888888888886) while Orlando ranks 7 in points allowed in the paint per game (45.77777777777778).
- The Magic rank first in steals allowed per game (6.3) while the Nuggets rank 17th (7.8).
- The Magic average 16.88888888888889 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 15 in the NBA. The Nuggets rank 19 in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.72222222222222).
- Orlando averages 6.0 blocks per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Denver ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.9).
- Orlando is 2-1 when they allow below 100 points, while Denver is 6-1.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Magic are 8-3 and the Nuggets are 11-4.
- Denver is 6-4 ATS at home, while Orlando is 4-1-1 ATS on the road.
- The Magic have 3 overs and 3 unders in 6 road games.
- In 10 home games, the Nuggets have 5 overs and 5 unders.
- The Magic are 4-0-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Nuggets are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Orlando has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Denver has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 114.4 points per game (7.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.0 points per game (1.4 above their season average).
- The Nuggets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 5.8 for the season.