The North Carolina Central Eagles (1-4) will be in the Emerald Coast Classic at The Arena at NW Florida St when they clash with the Nicholls Colonels (2-4). Action starts at 12 p.m. ET on Friday, November 23, 2018.
Nicholls Colonels vs. North Carolina Central Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Eagles fell to the George Mason Patriots, 78-63, while the Colonels lost big to the Ole Miss Rebels, 75-55.
Nicholls forced Ole Miss into a turnover percentage of 20.0 (above their season average of 16.8) while North Carolina Central held George Mason to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.2 (below their season average of 31.7). North Carolina Central rallied around Randy Miller, Jr. who contributed 19 points. Meanwhile, Gavin Peppers had a good game for Nicholls, contributing 14 points.
It might be a mistake-prone game for the North Carolina Central offense. Since last season, North Carolina Central ranks 324th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.2 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Nicholls has forced the 20th-most turnovers in the country (22.3 percent). ,
Nicholls Colonels vs. North Carolina Central Eagles ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Nicholls ranks fifth in steals per game (9.2) while North Carolina Central ranks 246th (5.2).
- The Eagles average 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 50th in the nation. The Colonels rank 176th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- North Carolina Central ranks 167th in blocks per game (3.2) while Nicholls ranks 197th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Eagles rank 62nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while the Colonels rank 259th (36.9).
- Nicholls ranks 98th in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while North Carolina Central ranks 292nd (18.5).