The Los Angeles Clippers (47-34) welcome the Utah Jazz (50-31) to Staples Center to start Western Conference play. The game starts at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 10, 2019.
Utah Jazz vs. Los Angeles Clippers ATS Odds
The Jazz beat the Denver Nuggets in their last contest, 118-108, despite being 12-point underdogs. The Clippers, on the other hand, were dismantled by the Golden State Warriors, 131-104, and failed to cover as 11-point underdogs. The Utah game went 9.5 points over the projected point total of 216.5, while the Los Angeles game finished 2.5 points under the projected point total of 237.5.
Utah dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.3 (above their season average of 22.8) and a free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.215). Denver was 7.1 and 0.159, respectively, for those same stats. Los Angeles, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.228 vs. 0.134). Landry Shamet had a good game for Los Angeles, recording 17 points. Utah, meanwhile, rallied around Donovan Mitchell, who recorded 46 points and seven rebounds.
In their two matchups this year, the Jazz have won both. The two teams combined for 216 points in their most recent game, which was under the projected point total of 227. Utah won 111-105 but was unable to cover as a 10-point favorite. Utah had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.0 vs. 20.8). Los Angeles, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (8.5 vs. 13.1). Rudy Gobert recorded a double-double with 20 points and 13 rebounds.
Games including the Jazz have gone under the total 52.5 percent of the time. Utah holds records of 50-31 straight up (SU) and 42-36-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Clippers’ 81 games, 44 have finished over the total. Further, Los Angeles is 47-34 SU and 45-35-1 ATS.
It could be a difficult game for Los Angeles on the offensive glass. The Clippers currently rank 19th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.0 percent), while Utah ranks first in defensive rebounding percentage (80.3 percent). Also, the Jazz are among the NBA’s best at getting to the line, ranking fifth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.217). The Clippers, meanhwile, rank 27th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.223).
Utah Jazz at Los Angeles Clippers Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
- The Jazz average 16.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. The Clippers rank 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.9).
- Utah ranks third in blocks per game (5.8) while Los Angeles ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (6.0).
- The Jazz rank second in second chance points allowed per game (11.1) while the Clippers rank 20th (13.7).
- Utah ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (42.5) while Los Angeles ranks 17th (45.6).
- Utah ranks 11th in points in the paint per game (49.8) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (51.1).
- The Jazz rank second in fast break points allowed per game (11.3) while the Clippers rank 22nd (14.8).
- The Jazz rank 12th in steals per game (8.1) while the Clippers rank 25th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (21.4) while Los Angeles ranks 11th (24.0).
- Utah ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (34.0) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (25.8).
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Utah is 22-4 and Los Angeles is 7-1.
- The Clippers are 47-25 when they reach the century mark, while the Jazz are 48-19.
- Los Angeles is 22-18 ATS at home, while Utah is 22-17-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 26 of the Clippers’ 40 home games, while 20 of the Jazz’s 40 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Utah and Los Angeles are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Jazz have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Clippers have 3 overs and 2 unders
- The Jazz’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 5.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 113.8 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 118.4 points per game (4.4 above their season average).