The Utah Jazz (1-3) will attempt to stave off elimination when they travel to Toyota Center to meet the Houston Rockets (3-1) in game five of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The Rockets opened as 8-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 213 points and it can be seen on ATTSN Southwest at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
Utah Jazz at Houston Rockets Betting Odds
In game four, Mitchell led the Jazz to a 107-91 victory. He scored a game-high 31 points. Utah covered as a 2-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 198 points, which was well under the projected point total of 216. Utah out-rebounded Houston. The Jazz had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. nine), defensive rebounds (36 vs. 26) and total rebounds (52 vs. 35).
Of the Jazz’s 86 games, 44 have finished under the total. Utah comes into the game with records of 51-35 straight up (SU) and 45-39-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has been spot on when setting the O/U total of Rockets games, with an even split between overs and unders. Further, Houston is 56-30 SU and 43-40-3 ATS.
The game should be a battle of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Houston takes on the top-notch defense of Utah. The Rockets rank second in offensive efficiency, while the Jazz are second in defensive efficiency. Also, the Jazz rank fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.219), while the Rockets rank 25th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.212).
Jazz at Rockets Betting Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank second in fast break points allowed per game (11.5) while the Rockets rank 15th (13.9).
- Houston averages 8.5 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Utah ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The Jazz rank 13th in points in the paint per game (49.7) while the Rockets rank last (42.0).
- Houston averages 18.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Utah ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed (16.9 per game).
- Utah ranks third in blocks per game (5.9) while Houston ranks 17th (5.0).
- The Jazz rank seventh in rebounds per game (46.4) while the Rockets rank 27th (42.1).
- The Jazz rank second in second chance points allowed per game (11.2) while the Rockets rank 17th (13.6).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (45.3) while Utah ranks ninth (34.1).
- Utah ranks eighth in assists per game (25.8) while Houston ranks 28th (21.1).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Utah is 23-4 and Houston is 17-2.
- The Jazz are 49-21 when they score over 100 points, while the Rockets are 53-20.
- Houston is 25-16-2 ATS at home, while Utah is 23-19-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 22 of the Rockets’ 43 home games, while 21 of the Jazz’s 43 road games have gone over.
- The Rockets are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Jazz are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Houston has 3 unders and 2 pushes, while Utah has 2 unders, 2 pushes and 1 over.
- The Rockets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 5.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 106.6 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 115.6 points per game (9.0 above their season average).