The Toronto Raptors (56-23) and the Charlotte Hornets (36-42) square off at Spectrum Center. The Raptors will attempt to extend their five-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, April 5, 2019, and can be seen on Fox Sports Carolina.
Toronto Raptors at Charlotte Hornets ATS Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last game. The Hornets (4.5-point favorites) defeated the New Orleans Pelicans 115-109, while the Raptors (2.5-point favorites) beat the Brooklyn Nets 115-105. The Charlotte game went 7 points under the projected point total of 231, while the Toronto game finished 8.5 points under the projected point total of 228.5.
The Raptors had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 5.9 (better than their season average of 11.9) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.9 (above their season average of 22.1). The Hornets, meanwhile, knocked down 27 of their 32 free throws (84.4 percent), while the Pelicans had a turnover percentage of 17.0 (above their season average of 12.4). Kemba Walker played well for Charlotte with 32 points and seven assists. Pascal Siakam had a good game for Toronto, finishing with 28 points, 10 rebounds and five assists.
The Hornets evened the season series at one with a 115-114 victory in their most recent game. In the loss, Kawhi Leonard led all scorers on the team with 28 points. Charlotte won the rebounding battle. The Hornets had 14 offensive rebounds and 39 total rebounds, while the Raptors had three and 35, respectively. Charlotte covered as a 12-point underdog and the two teams combined to put up 229 points, which was over the projected point total of 223.5.
Games including the Raptors have a tendency to go over the projected point total (55.7 percent). Toronto heads into the game with records of 56-23 straight up (SU) and 36-41-2 against the spread (ATS).
Hornets games also have a tendency to go over the projected point total (55.1 percent). Additionally, Charlotte owns records of 36-42 SU and 36-40-2 ATS.
Charlotte might struggle to put up points as they square off against one of the league’s best defenses. Toronto currently ranks fourth in defensive efficiency while the Hornets rank 16th in offensive efficiency.
Raptors vs. Hornets Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Hornets, ATS Winner – Hornets, O/U – Over
- Toronto ranks sixth in blocks allowed per game (4.5) while Charlotte ranks 29th (6.1).
- The Raptors rank 13th in assists per game (25.4) while the Hornets rank 26th in assists allowed per game (26.1).
- Charlotte ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (13.8) while Toronto ranks 11th (15.8).
- The Raptors rank fourth in fast break points per game (18.4) while the Hornets rank 22nd (11.5).
- The Raptors average 45.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 17th in the league. The Hornets rank 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (45.9).
- Toronto averages 33.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. Charlotte ranks 24th in three pointers allowed per game (33.6).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Toronto is 14-1 and Charlotte is 10-4.
- The Hornets are 35-29 when they score over 100 points, while the Raptors are 53-17.
- Toronto is 19-19-1 ATS on the road, while Charlotte is 19-18-2 ATS at home.
- Of the Raptors’ 39 road games, they have 23 overs and 16 unders.
- Of the Hornets’ 39 home games, they have 21 overs and 18 unders.
- In their last five games, Toronto and Charlotte have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Raptors are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Hornets are 3-2.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.8, up from 6.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 109.4 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 120.4 points per game (8.2 above their season average).