The Milwaukee Bucks (60-21) welcome the Oklahoma City Thunder (48-33) to Fiserv Forum as the regular season comes to a conclusion. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 10, 2019, and will air on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Milwaukee Bucks ATS Odds
In the Thunder’s last contest, they edged the Houston Rockets, 112-111, despite being 6.5-point underdogs. The Bucks, meanwhile, defeated the Atlanta Hawks,115-107, but were unable to cover as 12-point favorites. The Oklahoma City game finished 6.5 points under the projected point total of 229.5, while the Milwaukee game finished 13 points under the projected point total of 235.
Oklahoma City’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Thunder had 18 offensive rebounds and 56 total rebounds, while the Rockets had nine and 42, respectively. The Bucks, meanwhile, made 26 of their 34 free throws (76.5 percent) and held the Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.3 (below their season average of 24.7). Milwaukee rallied around Giannis Antetokounmpo, who finished with 30 points and nine rebounds. Russell Westbrook led the way for Oklahoma City with 29 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists to register his 32nd triple-double of the year.
In their first matchup this year, Paul George led the Thunder to a 118-112 victory. He recorded a double-double with 36 points and 13 rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 230 points, which was just under the projected point total of 234.5, and Oklahoma City covered as a 2-point favorite. The Thunder’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Bucks. Oklahoma City had a rate of 9.5, while Milwaukee posted a mark of 11.9.
Vegas is extremely precise when predicting totals of Thunder games, with an even split between overs and unders. Oklahoma City heads into the contest with records of 48-33 straight up (SU) and 40-40 against the spread (ATS).
Just over half of Bucks games have also finished under the total. Moreover, Milwaukee is 60-21 SU and 47-31-3 ATS.
The Thunder’s Westbrook has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 24 points,14.2 assists,11.6 rebounds,1.8 steals per game. Meanwhile, Sterling Brown has averaged 16 points during that same time frame for the Bucks.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Milwaukee takes on the stingy defense of Oklahoma City. The Bucks rank third in offensive efficiency, while the Thunder are fifth in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Thunder rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (26.1 percent), while the Bucks rank second in defensive rebounding percentage (80.3 percent).
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (42.2) while the Thunder rank 12th (48.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in second chance points per game (15.6) while Milwaukee ranks 27th (11.7).
- The Bucks average 49.7 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the league. The Thunder rank 17th in rebounds allowed per game (45.6).
- Milwaukee averages 6.0 blocks per game, which is ranked second in the league. Oklahoma City ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in points off turnovers per game (19.3) while Milwaukee ranks 13th (16.7).
- The Bucks rank third in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Thunder rank 24th (8.2).
- The Bucks average 26.0 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Thunder rank 20th in assists allowed per game (24.8).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (10.8) while Oklahoma City ranks sixth (12.3).
- Oklahoma City ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (31.4) while Milwaukee ranks last (36.1).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Oklahoma City is 11-0 and Milwaukee is 20-1.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Thunder are 44-26 and the Bucks are 59-17.
- Oklahoma City is 20-20 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 23-16-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 22 of the Thunder’s 40 road games, while 20 of the Bucks’ 40 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Oklahoma City and Milwaukee are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Thunder have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Bucks have 4 overs and 1 under
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 117.8 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.2 points per game (0.2 above their season average).
- The Bucks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 9.1 for the season.