The Memphis Grizzlies (31-47) will be at the American Airlines Center to take on the Dallas Mavericks (31-47) in a Southwest Division matchup. The game starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, April 5, 2019, and will air on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Dallas Mavericks Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Grizzlies (9.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Portland Trail Blazers, 116-89, while the Mavericks (3-point favorites) fell to the Minnesota Timberwolves, 110-108. The Memphis game finished 12 points under the projected point total of 217, while the Dallas game finished 9.5 points under the projected point total of 227.5.
Memphis did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (16-19; 84.2 percent) while Dallas held Minnesota to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.9 (below their season average of 25.3). Dallas was led by Luka Doncic, who finished with 27 points, 12 rebounds and six assists. Ivan Rabb, meanwhile had a solid performance for Memphis, contributing 13 points and 10 rebounds.
In their two contests this season, the Grizzlies have won both. The two teams combined to put up 192 points in their most recent game, which was well under the projected point total of 214.5. Memphis won 111-81, covering as a 5-point underdog. Memphis’ 0.590 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Dallas, who had a mark of 0.347. Jonas Valanciunas recorded a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds.
Oddsmakers tend to place the total high when the Grizzlies are involved, as 56.4 percent of their games have gone under the O/U total. Memphis heads into the game with records of 31-47 straight up (SU) and 36-41-1 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with Memphis, games involving the Mavericks also have a tendency to go under the O/U total (55.1 percent). Although Dallas has trouble winning games outright (31-47 SU), they have a respectable 43-33-2 record ATS.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the league’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Dallas ranks 21st in possessions per game (101.4) and Memphis is 29th (98.8).
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Dallas Mavericks ATS Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Mavericks, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (42.6) while the Mavericks rank 12th (47.8).
- Memphis ranks fourth in blocks per game (5.6) while Dallas ranks 26th (4.3).
- The Grizzlies rank ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.4) while the Mavericks rank 27th (14.6).
- Dallas averages 12.4 fast-break points per game, which ranks 16th in the league. Memphis ranks 28th in fast-break points allowed per game (16.4).
- Dallas ranks 19th in second chance points per game (12.9) while Memphis ranks last (10.9).
- The Mavericks rank fourth in three pointers attempted per game (36.4) while the Grizzlies rank 25th (28.4).
- The Mavericks rank 16th in rebounds per game (45.1) while the Grizzlies rank 28th (41.4).
- Memphis ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (23.2) while Dallas ranks 14th (24.4).
- Memphis ranks sixth in steals per game (8.5) while Dallas ranks 25th (6.6).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Dallas is 11-4 and Memphis is 15-7.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Mavericks are 30-36 and the Grizzlies are 22-20.
- Dallas is 23-15-1 ATS at home, while Memphis is 15-23-1 ATS on the road.
- The Grizzlies have 24 unders and 15 overs in 39 road games.
- Of the Mavericks’ 39 home games, they have 22 unders and 17 overs.
- The Mavericks are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Grizzlies are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Dallas has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Memphis has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Mavericks have outscored opponents by an average of 2.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Dallas has lost by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 104.6 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.0 points per game (7.3 above their season average).