The Los Angeles Lakers (35-44) will be at the Staples Center to meet the Los Angeles Clippers (47-32) in a Pacific Division matchup. Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, April 5, 2019.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds
Both teams lost big in their last matchup. The Clippers (2.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Houston Rockets, 135-103, while the Lakers (13-point favorites) fell to the Golden State Warriors, 108-90. The Clippers game went 8.5 points over the projected point total of 229.5, while the Lakers game finished 27.5 points under the projected point total of 225.5.
The Lakers had a better free throw rate (0.077 vs. 0.041), while the Clippers had a better turnover percentage (13.7 vs. 13.0). The Clippers received a boost from Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who put up 20 points. Johnathan Williams, meanwhile had a good game for the Lakers, recording 17 points and 13 rebounds.
The Clippers lead the season series two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 218 points, well under the projected point total of 235.5. The Clippers won 113-105, covering as 4-point underdogs. The Clippers’ 19.5 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Lakers, who had a mark of 14.3. Despite the loss, Rajon Rondo put up a triple-double with 24 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds.
Lakers games have a tendency to finish under the O/U total (60.3 percent). The Lakers head into the contest with records of 35-44 straight up (SU) and 31-45-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Clippers’ 79 games, 43 have finished over the total. Further, the Clippers own records of 47-32 SU and 45-33-1 ATS.
Los Angeles Lakers at Los Angeles Clippers Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Over
- The Lakers rank second in points in the paint per game (55.6) while the Clippers rank 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (50.9).
- The Lakers rank 10th in blocks per game (5.3) while the Clippers rank 28th in blocks allowed per game (5.9).
- The Clippers are 47-23 when they score over 100 points, while the Lakers are 34-34.
- The Lakers have 21 unders and 19 overs in 40 road games.
- Of the Clippers’ 39 home games, they have 25 overs, 13 unders and 1 push.
- The Lakers average 16.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Clippers rank 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.7).
- The Clippers rank 15th in second chance points per game (13.3) while the Lakers rank 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (14.0).
- The Clippers are 3-1-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Lakers are 4-1.
- In their last five games, the Clippers have 4 overs and 1 under, while the Lakers have 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Clippers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 110.4 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.8 points per game (1.8 below their season average).