Expect a shootout when the Golden State Warriors (31-14), 6-point favorites, clash against the Los Angeles Clippers (24-20) at Staples Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 241 points and it can be seen on ESPN at 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 18, 2019.
Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Clippers (1-point favorites) got blown out by the Utah Jazz, 129-109, while The Warriors (7-point favorites) were victorious over the New Orleans Pelicans, 147-140. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Los Angeles game finished 14.5 points over the projected point total of 223.5, while the Golden State game finished 44 points over the projected point total of 243.
Golden State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.2 (below their season average of 23.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.560). For those same stats, New Orleans was 13.0 and 0.577, respectively. Los Angeles, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.3 vs. 11.3). Los Angeles’ Lou Williams played well, contributing 23 points, six rebounds and six assists. Golden State received a boost from Kevin Durant, who put up 30 points and 15 rebounds.
The Warriors had the upper hand in the most recent game, a 129-127 victory, to even the season series at one. Durant recorded a double-double with 35 points and 12 rebounds. The Warriors’ 6.0 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Clippers, who had a mark of 13.9. Golden State was unable to cover as an 11-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 256 points, which was well over the projected point total of 234.5.
Oddsmakers tend to place the total low when the Warriors are involved, as 55.6 percent of their games have finished over the total. Golden State is 31-14 straight up (SU), but they are just 19-25-1 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Golden State, Clippers games also tend to go over the total (56.8 percent). Moreover, Los Angeles owns records of 24-20 SU and 24-20 ATS.
The Warriors’ Klay Thompson has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 28 points,1.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Montrezl Harrell has averaged 19 points,8.8 rebounds,3.2 assists,1.4 blocks during that same time frame for the Clippers.
Second-chance opportunities could be rare for Los Angeles in this battle. The Clippers rank 20th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.2 percent), while Golden State ranks sixth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.3 percent). Furthermore, the Warriors’ top-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 114.9) will square off against the Clippers’ 23rd-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 110.0).
Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Clippers Odds Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Over
- The Warriors rank 16th in points off turnovers per game (16.6) while the Clippers rank 28th (14.4).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.5) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (6.1).
- The Warriors rank eighth in three pointers attempted per game (33.4) while the Clippers rank 29th (24.7).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (28.8) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd (23.0).
- Golden State ranks 15th in second chance points allowed per game (13.3) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (14.6).
- The Warriors rank third in fast break points per game (18.8) while the Clippers rank 27th in fast break points allowed per game (15.2).
- The Warriors rank fifth in rebounds allowed per game (43.2) while the Clippers rank 21st (45.9).
- Golden State ranks 21st in steals per game (7.3) while Los Angeles ranks last (6.2).
- Los Angeles ranks eighth in points in the paint per game (50.9) while Golden State ranks last (41.0).
- Golden State is 5-0 when they allow less than 100 points, while Los Angeles is 4-1.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Clippers are 24-15 and the Warriors are 31-9.
- Golden State is 9-12 ATS on the road, while Los Angeles is 13-10 ATS at home.
- In 21 road games, the Warriors have 14 overs and 7 unders.
- Of the Clippers’ 23 home games, they have 14 overs, 8 unders and 1 push.
- The Warriors are 3-1-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Clippers are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Golden State has 4 overs and 1 under, while Los Angeles has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Warriors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 21.4, up from 6.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 111.6 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 117.8 points per game (3.1 above their season average).