The Philadelphia 76ers (50-31) welcome the Chicago Bulls (22-59) to Wells Fargo Center to begin Eastern Conference play. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 10, 2019, and will air on NBC Sports Chicago.
Chicago Bulls at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Bulls (10.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the New York Knicks, 96-86, while the 76ers (10.5-point favorites) fell to the Miami Heat, 122-99. The Chicago game went 46 points under the projected point total of 228, while the Philadelphia game went 7 points under the projected point total of 228.
Chicago had a free throw rate of 0.229 (above their season average of 0.185) while Philadelphia held Miami to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 25.1). Philadelphia’s Jonathon Simmons led the way, putting up 14 points and eight assists. Meanwhile, Chicago rallied around Shaquille Harrison, who finished with 13 points and seven rebounds.
The 76ers lead the season series two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 212 points, well under the projected point total of 228. Philadelphia won 116-96, covering as a 10.5-point favorite. The 76ers’ 24.4 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Bulls, who had a mark of 13.7. In the loss, Jakarr Sampson led all scorers on the team with 29 points.
Bulls games have a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total (52.5 percent). Chicago comes into the game with records of 22-59 straight up (SU) and 35-43-2 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Chicago, 76ers games have a slight tendency to go over the O/U total (50.0 percent). Further, Philadelphia owns records of 50-31 SU and 37-43 ATS.
The high-octane offense of Philadelphia (seventh in the league with an offensive efficiency of 110.6) will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Chicago (25th in the league with a defensive efficiency of 111.3). The 76ers should have the edge on that side of the ball. Additionally, the Bulls, who rank 30th in offensive rebounding percentage (19.4 percent), will face off against the 76ers, who rank fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.6 percent).
Chicago Bulls at Philadelphia 76ers Free Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The Bulls rank 19th in fast break points per game (11.9) while the 76ers rank 21st in fast break points allowed per game (14.6).
- Philadelphia ranks seventh in second chance points per game (14.1) while Chicago ranks last (10.9).
- The 76ers rank fourth in rebounds per game (47.8) while the Bulls rank 23rd (42.9).
- Chicago averages 50.7 points in the paint per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Philadelphia ranks 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (51.1).
- Chicago ranks 20th in steals per game (7.4) while Philadelphia ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- The 76ers rank fourth in assists per game (26.9) while the Bulls rank 27th (21.9).
- The 76ers rank 18th in three pointers attempted per game (30.2) while the Bulls rank 26th (25.9).
- Philadelphia ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Chicago ranks 26th (5.7).
- Philadelphia is 12-0 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Chicago is 8-6.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Bulls are 18-36 and the 76ers are 50-24.
- Philadelphia is 20-20 ATS at home, while Chicago is 21-17-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 20 of the Bulls’ 40 road games, while 21 of the 76ers’ 40 home games have gone over.
- The 76ers are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Bulls are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Chicago has 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 112.2 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 119.6 points per game (7.1 above their season average).
- The Bulls’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 12.0, up from 8.3 for the season.