The Brooklyn Nets (23-23) will travel to the Amway Center to clash with the Orlando Magic (19-25). The Magic opened as 1-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 216 points and it can be seen on YES Network at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 18, 2019.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Orlando Magic Betting Odds
In the Nets’ last matchup, they edged the Houston Rockets, 145-142, despite being 5-point underdogs. The Magic, on the other hand, were beaten by the Detroit Pistons, 120-115, and were not able to cover as 4.5-point underdogs. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Brooklyn game went 61 points over the projected point total of 226, while the Orlando game finished 27 points over the projected point total of 208.
The Nets had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.2 (above their season average of 24.9) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.593 (above their season average of 0.523). Orlando, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.574 (above their season average of 0.506). Orlando was lifted by Nikola Vucevic, who had 24 points and 13 rebounds. Jarrett Allen played a pivotal role for Brooklyn with 20 points and 24 rebounds.
The Nets held the advantage in this series last year, securing victories in three out of four games. In the most recent contest, Brooklyn won 111-104. Converting at the free throw line was one of Brooklyn’s largest advantages. They were 19-22 (86.4 percent), while the Magic were 13-16 (81.3 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Nets games have finished over the O/U total 50.0 percent of the time. Brooklyn comes into the game with records of 23-23 straight up (SU) and 25-21 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Magic’s 44 games, 26 have finished under the total. Moreover, Orlando owns records of 19-25 SU and 21-21-2 ATS.
Brooklyn could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Orlando ranks ninth in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.1 percent), while Brooklyn forces the sixth-fewest turnovers (12.4 percent).
Brooklyn Nets at Orlando Magic Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank third in three pointers allowed per game (28.4) while the Magic rank seventh (29.2).
- Orlando ranks fifth in second chance points allowed per game (11.5) while Brooklyn ranks 25th (14.5).
- The Magic rank third in steals allowed per game (6.9) while the Nets rank 17th (7.7).
- Orlando ranks 13th in blocks per game (5.3) while Brooklyn ranks 26th (4.1).
- Brooklyn ranks third in fast break points allowed per game (11.0) while Orlando ranks 10th (12.9).
- The Magic rank ninth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.8) while the Nets rank 26th (17.9).
- The Nets rank 11th in rebounds per game (45.8) while the Magic rank 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (46.0).
- Brooklyn ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (22.8) while Orlando ranks eighth (23.3).
- Brooklyn ranks 14th in points in the paint per game (48.6) while Orlando ranks 29th (41.3).
- Brooklyn is 5-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Orlando is 8-2.
- The Magic are 15-10 when they score more than 100 points, while the Nets are 22-17.
- Orlando is 10-11 ATS at home, while Brooklyn is 13-10 ATS on the road.
- The Nets have 12 unders, 10 overs and 1 push in 23 road games.
- The Magic have 11 unders and 10 overs in 21 home games.
- In their last five games, Brooklyn and Orlando have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nets are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Magic are 2-3.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 114.0 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 116.4 points per game (4.4 above their season average).
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.0, up from 3.9 for the season.