The Minnesota Timberwolves (7-11) travel to Barclays Center to take on the Brooklyn Nets (8-11). The Timberwolves are 2-point favorites and can end an eight-game road losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 220.5 points and it will air on YES Network at 12 p.m. ET on Friday, November 23, 2018.
Minnesota Timberwolves at Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds
Both teams did not cover as underdogs in their last outing. The Timberwolves (1-point underdogs) were defeated by the Denver Nuggets, 103-101, while the Nets (5.5-point underdogs) fell to the Dallas Mavericks, 119-113. The Minnesota game went 15.5 points under the projected point total of 219.5, while the Brooklyn game finished 17 points over the projected point total of 215.
Minnesota did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (22-26; 84.6 percent) while Brooklyn had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.2 vs. 23.5). Brooklyn’s Allen Crabbe led the way, recording 27 points. Meanwhile, Derrick Rose played a key role for Minnesota with 20 points.
In their first matchup this year, Karl-Anthony Towns led the Timberwolves to a 120-113 victory. He registered a double-double with 25 points and 21 rebounds. The two teams combined for 233 points, which was over the projected point total of 226.5, and Minnesota covered as a 5-point favorite. Minnesota made good use of their 31 trips to the charity stripe, making 26 of them (83.9 percent). Brooklyn, meanwhile, was just 15-22 (68.2 percent).
Games featuring the Timberwolves have typically finished under the total (66.7 percent). Minnesota heads into the game with records of 7-11 straight up (SU) and 8-10 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of Nets games, with 9 overs compared to 9 unders. Additionally, Brooklyn owns records of 8-11 SU and 9-10 ATS.
D’Angelo Russell and Spencer Dinwiddie have played at a high level over the last five games for Brooklyn. Russell has averaged 22 points,6.6 assists,2.2 steals, while Dinwiddie has recorded 17 points,6.0 assists,1.2 steals a game during that span.
The offensive glass could be a huge advantage for Brooklyn in this matchup. The Nets currently rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (26.4 percent), while Minnesota ranks 30th in defensive rebounding percentage (71.2 percent). ,
Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Nets average 44.421052631578945 rebounds per game, which ranks 18 in the NBA. The Timberwolves rank 26 in rebounds allowed per game (48.27777777777778).
- Brooklyn ranks first in assists allowed per game (20.6) while Minnesota ranks 24th (25.5).
- The Nets rank first in three pointers allowed per game (25.2) while the Timberwolves rank 22nd (33.0).
- Minnesota ranks third in steals per game (9.4) while Brooklyn ranks 22nd (6.9).
- Minnesota ranks 14 in blocks per game (5.5) while Brooklyn ranks 25 (4.2105263157894735).
- The Nets rank fifth in second chance points per game (15.3) while the Timberwolves rank 27th in second chance points allowed per game (16.3).
- The Nets rank 8 in points in the paint per game (50.21052631578947) while the Timberwolves rank 22 in points allowed in the paint per game (49.44444444444444).
- Minnesota ranks 22 in points off turnovers per game (15.833333333333334) while Brooklyn ranks 26 (15.473684210526315).
- Minnesota ranks seventh in fast break points per game (15.8) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (9.1).
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Brooklyn is 4-0 and Minnesota is 2-0.
- When reaching 100 points, the Nets are 8-10 and the Timberwolves are 7-7.
- Brooklyn is 2-5 ATS at home, while Minnesota is 2-6 ATS on the road.
- Of the Timberwolves’ 8 road games, they have 6 unders and 2 overs.
- In 7 home games, the Nets have 5 overs and 2 unders.
- The Timberwolves are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Nets are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Minnesota has 4 unders and 1 over, while Brooklyn has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Timberwolves have outscored opponents by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Minnesota has lost by an average of 4.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 111.6 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.4 points per game (1.7 above their season average).