The Maryland Terrapins (5-0) welcome the Marshall Thundering Herd (4-0) to Xfinity Center, where both teams hope to remain unbeaten. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Friday, November 23, 2018.
Marshall Thundering Herd vs. Maryland Terrapins ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Terrapins were victorious over the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers 92-77, while the Thundering Herd had no trouble getting past the North Carolina A&T Aggies 95-71.
The Thundering Herd forced 22 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.579 (above their season average of 0.573). The Terrapins, meanwhile, had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 38.8) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.680 (above their season average of 0.502). Maryland’s Jalen Smith led the way, contributing 16 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Jon Elmore, meanwhile played a key role for Marshall with 18 points, five rebounds and five assists.
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for Maryland in this contest. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, the Terrapins rank 60th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.0 percent), while Marshall ranks 324th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.7 percent). Conflicting tempos will be on display in this battle. The up-and-down Thundering Herd rank fifth in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Terrapins rank 319th.
Marshall vs. Maryland Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Maryland, ATS Winner – Maryland, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Maryland ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while Marshall ranks 323rd (40.8).
- The Terrapins rank 99th in assists per game (14.6) while the Thundering Herd rank 262nd in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- Marshall ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.5) while Maryland ranks 169th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Thundering Herd rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (28.4) while the Terrapins rank 257th (19.7).
- Marshall ranks 48th in steals per game (7.3) while Maryland ranks 281st (4.7).