The Manhattan Jaspers (0-1) will travel to the Retriever Activities Center to take on the UMBC Retrievers (1-1). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 12, 2018.
Manhattan Jaspers vs. UMBC Retrievers ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Retrievers won big over the Shenandoah Hornets, 93-45, while the Jaspers were beaten by the Elon Phoenix, 62-56.
UMBC played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.669 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7. For those same stats, Shenandoah was 0.322 and 18.2, respectively. Manhattan, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 25.4). UMBC received a boost from Brandon Horvath, who recorded 19 points and 11 rebounds. Thomas Capuano had a solid performance for Manhattan, recording 10 points and eight rebounds.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of UMBC. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, UMBC ranks 151st in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 18.1 percent), while the gambling defense of Manhattan has forced the 25th-most turnovers in the nation (22.0 percent). Additionally, the Jaspers’ 271st-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 101.7) will square off against the Retrievers’ 44th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 98.6).
Manhattan Jaspers vs. UMBC Retrievers Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – UMBC, ATS Winner – UMBC, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- UMBC ranks 36th in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Manhattan ranks 257th (19.6).
- The Retrievers rank 185th in rebounds per game (35.0) while the Jaspers rank 259th (33.3).
- Manhattan ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while UMBC ranks 63rd (2.8).
- The Retrievers average 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 41st in the nation. The Jaspers rank 259th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- UMBC averages 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 65th in the nation. Manhattan ranks 204th in assists allowed per game (14.0).