An eight-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Utah Valley Wolverines (12-6, 1-2 WAC) when they welcome the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (9-10, 1-2 WAC) to UCCU Events Center. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at Utah Valley Wolverines ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Wolverines were victorious over the Seattle Redhawks, 88-78, while the Vaqueros were beaten by the Grand Canyon Antelopes, 69-65.
Utah Valley dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.739 (above their season average of 0.255) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.549). Seattle had marks of 0.407 and 0.458, respectively, for those same stats. UT Rio Grande Valley, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (20-24; 83.3 percent). Utah Valley’s Richard Harward played well, finishing with 12 points and 15 rebounds. Terry Winn III fueled UT Rio Grande Valley with 23 points.
The Wolverines dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, Utah Valley won 84-72. Utah Valley launched 17 three pointers, making seven of them (41.2 percent), while UT Rio Grande Valley was 2-9 (22.2 percent). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The aggressive Utah Valley offense might be living from the free throw line in this showdown. The Wolverines rank 58th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.277, while UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 327th in FTA rate allowed (0.300).
UT Rio Grande Valley at Utah Valley Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Under
- Utah Valley ranks 74th in rebounds allowed per game (33.4) while UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 260th (41.5).
- The Wolverines rank 47th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Vaqueros rank 128th (3.9).
- The Vaqueros rank seventh in steals per game (9.8) while the Wolverines rank 129th (6.1).
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while Utah Valley ranks 136th (22.6).
- During their last five games, the Wolverines have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (0.1 below their season average).
- The Vaqueros’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 2.2 for the season.