The Eastern Illinois Panthers (7-6) welcome the UT Martin Skyhawks (5-6) to Lantz Arena. The Skyhawks can snap a six-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
UT Martin Skyhawks at Eastern Illinois Panthers ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Panthers were beaten by the Texas Longhorns, 71-59, while the Skyhawks had no trouble getting past the Cumberland University Phoenix, 91-58.
UT Martin dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.593 and a turnover percentage of 16.2. Cumberland University put up marks of 0.379 and 24.8, respectively, for those same stats. Eastern Illinois, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 vs. 20.0). Eastern Illinois’ Rade Kukobat had a good outing, recording 12 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Derek Hawthorne, Jr. was a key piece for UT Martin with 14 points, six rebounds and five assists.
The Panthers dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the last contest, Eastern Illinois won 64-57. Eastern Illinois out-rebounded UT Martin. The Panthers had 12 offensive rebounds and 36 total rebounds, while the Skyhawks had six and 27, respectively. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Eastern Illinois could have trouble getting to the free throw line in this meeting. The Panthers currently rank 247th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.214, while UT Martin ranks 15th in FTA rate allowed (0.159).
UT Martin vs. Eastern Illinois Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Eastern Illinois, ATS Winner – Eastern Illinois, O/U – Under
- UT Martin averages 16.5 assists per game, which ranks 30th in the nation. Eastern Illinois ranks 193rd in assists allowed per game (15.6).
- The Skyhawks rank 174th in rebounds per game (35.0) while the Panthers rank 208th in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- The Panthers rank 121st in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while the Skyhawks rank 205th in three pointers allowed per game (24.7).
- UT Martin ranks 34th in steals per game (8.2) while Eastern Illinois ranks 100th (6.6).
- The Panthers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Skyhawks have scored an average of 80.2 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (4.3 below their season average).