Expect a fast-paced game when the UT Martin Skyhawks (5-10, 0-4 OVC) travel to Eastern Kentucky to take on the Colonels (7-10, 0-4 OVC). The game starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
UT Martin Skyhawks vs. Eastern Kentucky Colonels ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Colonels fell to the Belmont Bruins, 109-93, while the Skyhawks lost a tough one against the Austin Peay Governors, 72-70.
UT Martin forced Austin Peay into a turnover percentage of 26.8 (above their season average of 16.2) while Eastern Kentucky forced Belmont into a turnover percentage of 19.0 (above their season average of 14.8). Eastern Kentucky’s Nick Mayo played well, finishing with 26 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Kevin Little was a key piece for UT Martin with 15 points and five assists.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last matchup, the Skyhawks won 70-69. UT Martin’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Eastern Kentucky. The Skyhawks had a rate of 0.113, while the Colonels posted a mark of 0.051. This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
There should be plenty of transition action in this contest that showcases a pair of the NCAA’s more fast-breaking teams. Eastern Kentucky ranks second in possessions per game (83.1) and UT Martin is 41st (74.2).
UT Martin at Eastern Kentucky Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Eastern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Eastern Kentucky, O/U – Over
- Eastern Kentucky averages 29.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 10th in the country. UT Martin ranks 218th in three pointers allowed per game (24.9).
- The Colonels average 10.9 steals per game, which ranks second in the nation. The Skyhawks rank 128th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Eastern Kentucky averages 3.6 blocks per game, which is ranked 80th in the nation. UT Martin ranks 94th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Colonels average 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 53rd in the NCAA. The Skyhawks rank 228th in assists allowed per game (17.3).
- Eastern Kentucky ranks 67th in rebounds per game (38.2) while UT Martin ranks 229th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- The Skyhawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 95.8 points per game (10.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 90.6 points per game (5.4 above their season average).