The UIC Flames (9-9, 3-2 Hor) will be at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena to clash with the Milwaukee Panthers (7-11, 2-3 Hor) in a Hor matchup. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
UIC Flames vs. Milwaukee Panthers ATS Odds
In their last game, the Panthers fell to the Detroit Titans, 93-84, while the Flames were victorious over the Cleveland State Vikings, 73-56.
UIC dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.548 (below their season average of 0.558) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 (above their season average of 22.6). For those same stats, Cleveland State recorded marks of 0.373 and 30.2, respectively. Milwaukee, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.9 vs. 25.0). DeAndre Abram led the way for Milwaukee, finishing with 31 points and seven rebounds. UIC rallied around Tarkus Ferguson, who contributed 18 points, seven rebounds and six assists.
The Flames held the advantage in this series last year, securing victories in two out of three contests. In the last contest, Milwaukee won 80-75. The Panthers’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Flames. Milwaukee had a rate of 10.1, while UIC posted a mark of 19.6. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
There’s a decent chance that UIC struggles to create turnovers. Milwaukee ranks 78th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.5 percent), while UIC forces the 214th-most turnovers (19.0 percent).
UIC vs. Milwaukee Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Milwaukee, ATS Winner – Milwaukee, O/U – Under
- UIC averages 28.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 20th in the nation. Milwaukee ranks 252nd in three pointers allowed per game (26.7).
- The Panthers rank 158th in rebounds per game (35.4) while the Flames rank 215th in rebounds allowed per game (37.7).
- UIC averages 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 80th in the nation. Milwaukee ranks 128th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- The Panthers rank 26th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Flames rank 84th (6.1).
- UIC ranks 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Milwaukee ranks 97th (3.4).
- The Flames’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, up from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.2 points per game (4.1 above their season average).