The Southern University Jaguars (1-11) head to Fiserv Forum to challenge the 18th-ranked Marquette Golden Eagles (10-2). The Jaguars will attempt to put an end to their six-game losing streak. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 28, 2018.
Southern University Jaguars vs. Marquette Golden Eagles ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Golden Eagles won big over the UMBC Retrievers, 67-42, while the Jaguars lost big to the Alabama Crimson Tide, 82-62.
Marquette dominated every facet of the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.467 and a free throw rate of 0.183. UMBC recorded marks of 0.274 and 0.129, respectively, for those same stats. Southern University, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (18.0 vs. 22.9). Markus Howard fueled Marquette with 15 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. Southern University, meanwhile, received a boost from Eddie Reese, who finished with 16 points.
Sam Hauser and Howard have played well over the last five games for Marquette. Hauser has averaged 0 points, while Howard has put up 0 points a game during that span.
It will be a battle of opposite tempos as the up-and-down Golden Eagles will look to push the slower-paced Jaguars. The Golden Eagles rank 82nd in possessions per game while the Jaguars are 199th. Furthermore, the 296th-ranked offense of the Jaguars (offensive efficiency of 98.3) will go head-to-head against the 52nd-ranked defense of the Golden Eagles (defensive efficiency of 93.3).
Southern University Jaguars at Marquette Golden Eagles Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Marquette, O/U – Under
- Marquette ranks 26th in rebounds per game (40.6) while Southern University ranks 252nd (29.2).
- The Golden Eagles rank 29th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Jaguars rank 141st (2.3).
- Southern University ranks 46th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while Marquette ranks 151st (7.8).
- The Golden Eagles rank 73rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while the Jaguars rank 246th (17.4).
- Marquette averages 15.2 assists per game, which ranks 63rd in the NCAA. Southern University ranks 197th in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.0, down from 11.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jaguars have scored an average of 60.8 points per game (8.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 84.0 points per game (0.2 above their season average).