A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Bakersfield Roadrunners (8-5) when they square off against the Seattle Redhawks (12-3) at Icardo Center. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019, and can be seen on ESPN 3.
Seattle Redhawks vs. Bakersfield Roadrunners Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Roadrunners fell to the 20th-ranked TCU Horned Frogs, 66-61, while the Redhawks were blown out by the Stanford Cardinal, 96-74.
Seattle had a better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 15.6) while Bakersfield had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 17.4). Bakersfield’s Jarkel Joiner had a good outing, contributing 18 points. Terrell Brown, meanwhile was a key piece for Seattle with 16 points and six rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last game, the Roadrunners won 64-57. Bakersfield’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Seattle. The Roadrunners had a rate of 0.260, while the Redhawks posted a mark of 0.129. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the nation’s top rebounding teams face off. The Roadrunners currently rank 16th in offensive rebounding percentage (37.6 percent), while Seattle ranks 52nd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.3 percent). Furthermore, the Redhawks’ defense should have an advantage in terms of effective field goal percentage. They rank 23rd in the NCAA with an effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.443, while the Roadrunners’ offense ranks 258th in effective field goal percentage (0.494).
Seattle vs. Bakersfield Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Bakersfield, O/U – Over
- Seattle ranks third in assists allowed per game (8.5) while Bakersfield ranks 90th (12.5).
- The Redhawks rank 26th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Roadrunners rank 27th (5.1).
- The Roadrunners rank 11th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Redhawks rank 70th (3.1).
- Bakersfield ranks 50th in rebounds allowed per game (32.3) while Seattle ranks 67th (32.9).
- During their last five games, the Redhawks have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (4.1 above their season average).
- The Roadrunners’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 1.4 for the season.