The Sacramento State Hornets (6-4, 0-1 BigSky) will be at Dahlberg Arena to challenge the Montana Grizzlies (9-4, 2-0 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
Sacramento State Hornets vs. Montana Grizzlies Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Grizzlies defeated the Georgia State Panthers 81-74, while the Hornets dismantled the Simpson University (CA) Red Hawks 76-52.
The Hornets had a much better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 23.6) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.486 vs. 0.342). Meanwhile, Montana’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Georgia State. The Grizzlies had a rate of 0.509, while the Panthers posted a mark of 0.167. Michael Oguine was a key piece for Montana with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Sacramento State received a boost from Marcus Graves, who put up 12 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds. This gave him his zeroth triple-double of the season.
The Grizzlies dominated this series last year, securing victories in both contests. In the last contest, Montana won 71-69. Montana’s rebounding was their largest advantage. The Grizzlies had 10 offensive rebounds and 41 total rebounds, while the Hornets had five and 37, respectively. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
The Hornets’ Joshua Patton has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Ahmaad Rorie has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Grizzlies.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Montana. Montana ranks 173rd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 18.8 percent), while the disruptive defense of Sacramento State forces the 16th-most turnovers in the nation (24.0 percent).
Sacramento State Hornets vs. Montana Grizzlies Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Montana, ATS Winner – Sacramento State, O/U – Under
- Sacramento State ranks 61st in rebounds per game (37.9) while Montana ranks 239th (31.7).
- The Grizzlies rank 45th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Hornets rank 123rd (7.0).
- Montana allows the 16th-fewest assists per game (10.0) while Sacramento State ranks 59th (12.0).
- The Grizzlies rank 125th in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while the Hornets rank 263rd (15.4).
- Montana ranks 19th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Sacramento State ranks 155th (4.6).
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 5.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.4 points per game (3.3 above their season average).