The Rider Broncs (5-7) will be at Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard to go head-to-head with the Fairfield Stags (3-9) in a MAAC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
Rider Broncs vs. Fairfield Stags Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Stags lost big to the 24th-ranked Purdue Boilermakers, 90-57, while the Broncs lost to the UCF Knights, 84-70.
Rider had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.4 vs. 27.9) while Fairfield had a better turnover percentage (15.8 vs. 16.5). Jonathan Kasibabu had a good performance for Fairfield with 14 points. Meanwhile, Rider rallied around Dimencio Vaughn, who recorded 14 points and five rebounds.
The Broncs dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last game, Rider won 90-88. The Broncs’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Stags. Rider had a rate of 36.8, while Fairfield posted a mark of 23.3. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The Broncs’ Vaughn has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Neftali Alvarez has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Stags.
Conflicting paces will be on display in this contest. Rider prefers an up-tempo style of play (53rd in possessions per game), while Fairfield is slower-paced (198th in possessions per game).
Rider Broncs vs. Fairfield Stags Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Rider, ATS Winner – Fairfield, O/U – Over
- Fairfield ranks 56th in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while Rider ranks 241st (26.5).
- The Stags average 12.3 assists per game, which ranks 176th in the NCAA. The Broncs rank 212th in assists allowed per game (16.6).
- The Broncs rank ninth in steals per game (9.4) while the Stags rank 131st (6.0).
- Rider ranks 153rd in rebounds per game (35.7) while Fairfield ranks 250th (29.5).
- The Broncs have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Rider has lost by an average of 0.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Stags have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (0.4 above their season average).