The Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (8-7) will be at the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center to meet the North Dakota Fighting Hawks (6-7) in a Summit matchup. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 28, 2018.
Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons at North Dakota Fighting Hawks ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Fighting Hawks easily got past the Northland LumberJacks, 104-48, while the Mastodons got blown out by the 21st-ranked UCLA Bruins, 96-71.
North Dakota dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.308 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.646. Northland had marks of 0.097 and 0.339, respectively, for those same stats. Purdue Fort Wayne, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.141 vs. 0.108). Aanen Moody played well for North Dakota with 20 points. John Konchar, meanwhile had a solid performance for Purdue Fort Wayne, putting up 25 points, eight rebounds and six assists.
Konchar has been playing at a high level as of late for Purdue Fort Wayne, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
North Dakota figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Fighting Hawks rank 98th in effective field goal percentage (0.539), while Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 278th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.517).
Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. North Dakota Fighting Hawks Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – North Dakota, O/U – Over
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (28.7) while North Dakota ranks 196th (20.3).
- The Mastodons are 21st in the country with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while the Fighting Hawks are 26th with 2.4 blocks allowed per game.
- The Mastodons rank 39th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while the Fighting Hawks rank 152nd (7.8).
- Purdue Fort Wayne averages 16.4 assists per game, which ranks 61st in the country. North Dakota ranks 97th in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- During their last five games, the Fighting Hawks have scored an average of 85.2 points per game (10.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.6 points per game (5.9 below their season average).
- The Mastodons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 6.1 for the season.