The Oregon State Beavers (11-4, 3-0 Pac-12) will be at Wells-Fargo Arena to meet the Arizona State Sun Devils (11-5, 2-2 Pac-12) in a Pac-12 matchup. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
Oregon State Beavers vs. Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Odds
In their last game, the Sun Devils fell to the Stanford Cardinal, 85-71, while the Beavers beat the UCLA Bruins, 79-66.
Oregon State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.230 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.533 (above their season average of 0.527). For those same stats, UCLA had marks of 0.159 and 0.444, respectively. Arizona State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.3 (above their season average of 34.2). Arizona State’s Zylan Cheatham had a solid performance, putting up eight points and 12 rebounds. Oregon State was lifted by Ethan Thompson, who contributed 17 points, six rebounds and six assists.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Beavers won the most recent contest 79-75. Oregon State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.575 vs. 0.518). Arizona State, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (42.4 vs. 41.4). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
This game should be a showdown of opposite tempos. Arizona State prefers an up-and-down style of play (46th in possessions per game), while Oregon State likes to grind-it-out (274th in possessions per game). Additionally, the Beavers are among the nation’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking 55th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.5 percent). The Sun Devils, meanwhile, rank 26th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.3 percent).
Oregon State at Arizona State Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Arizona State, ATS Winner – Arizona State, O/U – Under
- Oregon State ranks 90th in three pointers allowed per game (21.4) while Arizona State ranks 239th (26.0).
- The Beavers rank 49th in rebounds per game (39.0) while the Sun Devils rank 118th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- The Beavers rank fifth in blocks per game (6.0) while the Sun Devils rank 107th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Oregon State ranks 41st in assists per game (15.9) while Arizona State ranks 114th (13.9).
- During their last five games, the Sun Devils have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (6.0 above their season average).
- The Beavers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, down from 8.2 for the season.