The Oakland Golden Grizzlies (4-9) will be at the Wolstein Center to take on the Cleveland State Vikings (5-8) in a Hor matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 28, 2018.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies vs. Cleveland State Vikings Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Vikings were blown out by the Davidson Wildcats, 83-63, while the Golden Grizzlies lost a winnable game to the Toledo Rockets, 87-86.
Oakland had a much better turnover percentage (3.9 vs. 17.6) while Cleveland State had a much better free throw rate (0.244 vs. 0.139). Rashad Williams played a pivotal role for Cleveland State with 15 points. Oakland, meanwhile, was led by Xavier Hill-Mais, who had 30 points and nine rebounds.
The Golden Grizzlies edged out the Vikings in this series last year, taking two out of three games. In the last matchup, Cleveland State won 44-43. Cleveland State’s 0.402 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Oakland, who had a rate of 0.295. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Hill-Mais has been playing at a high level recently for Oakland, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Oakland could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. Oakland ranks 51st in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.6 percent), while Cleveland State forces the 65th-fewest turnovers (17.3 percent).
Oakland Golden Grizzlies at Cleveland State Vikings Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Cleveland State, ATS Winner – Oakland, O/U – Under
- Cleveland State ranks 76th in rebounds per game (38.2) while Oakland ranks 254th (28.5).
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Vikings rank 68th (3.2).
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 12th in assists per game (18.2) while the Vikings rank 179th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- Oakland ranks 38th in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while Cleveland State ranks 172nd (24.2).
- The Golden Grizzlies have outscored opponents by an average of 6.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Oakland has lost by an average of 3.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Vikings have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (0.4 below their season average).