The Oakland Golden Grizzlies (6-9, 2-0 Hor) and their great offense welcome the Northern Kentucky Norse (12-3, 2-0 Hor) and their tremendous defense. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
Northern Kentucky Norse at Oakland Golden Grizzlies ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Golden Grizzlies lost a close one to the Toledo Rockets, 87-86, while the Norse dismantled the Wilmington (OH) Quakers, 102-38.
Northern Kentucky played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 60.0 and a free throw rate of 0.323. Wilmington (OH) was 21.3 and 0.121, respectively, for those same stats. Oakland, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (5.1 vs. 17.6). Xavier Hill-Mais was a key piece for Oakland with 30 points and nine rebounds. Jalen Tate had a good outing for Northern Kentucky, finishing with 17 points and eight rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Golden Grizzlies won the last matchup 83-70. Oakland’s 0.286 free throw rate was their largest strength over Northern Kentucky, who had a rate of 0.154. This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
The Norse’s Drew McDonald has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Hill-Mais has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Golden Grizzlies.
The game should be a battle of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Oakland (37th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 114.7) takes on the elite defense of Northern Kentucky (41st in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 92.6).
Northern Kentucky Norse vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Oakland, O/U – Under
- Northern Kentucky ranks 58th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Oakland ranks 255th (29.1).
- The Norse rank 46th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 94th (6.3).
- Oakland ranks 68th in three pointers attempted per game (25.2) while Northern Kentucky ranks 86th in three pointers allowed per game (21.1).
- The Norse rank 32nd in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 206th (16.3).
- Oakland ranks 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Northern Kentucky ranks 93rd (3.4).
- The Norse’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 28.0, up from 13.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Grizzlies have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (7.5 below their season average).