The North Carolina A&T Aggies (4-8) head to Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum to meet the East Carolina Pirates (6-5). The Aggies look to snap their five-game losing streak. The game can be seen on ESPN 3 at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 28, 2018.
North Carolina A&T Aggies at East Carolina Pirates Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Pirates won big over the Delaware State Hornets, 81-56, while the Aggies fell to the UNCG Spartans, 74-66.
East Carolina dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.344 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9. Delaware State was 0.158 and 20.5, respectively, for those same stats. North Carolina A&T, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.161 vs. 0.109). Isaac Fleming played well for East Carolina with 12 points. North Carolina A&T, meanwhile, received a boost from Ibrahim Sylla, who had 12 points and six rebounds.
The Aggies won the lone contest between these two teams last year, 87-81. North Carolina A&T was effective at getting and making free throws. The Aggies made 29 of their 34 free throws (85.3 percent), while the Pirates were 20-27 (74.1 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
East Carolina should have an advantage on the offensive glass in this showdown. The Pirates rank 96th in offensive rebounding percentage (31.6 percent), while North Carolina A&T ranks 340th in defensive rebounding percentage (62.3 percent).
North Carolina A&T Aggies at East Carolina Pirates Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – East Carolina, O/U – Under
- East Carolina ranks 54th in rebounds per game (39.1) while North Carolina A&T ranks 249th (29.6).
- The Aggies rank 180th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while the Pirates rank 251st (17.0).
- East Carolina ranks 58th in blocks per game (4.0) while North Carolina A&T ranks 77th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Pirates rank 20th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while the Aggies rank 206th (16.2).
- East Carolina averages 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 38th in the NCAA. North Carolina A&T ranks 116th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 86.6 points per game (8.3 above their season average).
- The Pirates’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 2.6 for the season.