The Niagara Purple Eagles (8-9, 1-3 MAAC) will be at the Times Union Center to meet the Siena Saints (6-11, 1-3 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
Niagara Purple Eagles vs. Siena Saints ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Saints lost a close one to the Monmouth Hawks, 63-60, while the Purple Eagles got blown out by the Rider Broncs, 104-84.
Niagara had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 12.9) while Siena made 14 of their 31 three pointers (45.2 percent). Kevin Degnan had a good game for Siena, putting up 17 points and seven rebounds. James Towns, meanwhile fueled Niagara with 15 points, six assists and five rebounds.
The Purple Eagles won the lone contest between these two teams last year, 84-76. Niagara had a much better free throw rate (0.270 vs. 0.085). Siena, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 22.2). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Siena should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Siena ranks 53rd in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while Niagara forces the 65th-fewest turnovers (17.4 percent).
Niagara at Siena Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Siena, ATS Winner – Niagara, O/U – Under
- Niagara ranks 72nd in rebounds per game (38.1) while Siena ranks 268th (28.6).
- The Saints are 17th in the country with 4.9 steals allowed per game while the Purple Eagles are 54th with 5.6 steals allowed per game.
- Siena averages 12.9 assists per game, which ranks 154th in the NCAA. Niagara ranks 172nd in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- The Saints rank 14th in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while the Purple Eagles rank 139th (22.6).
- Siena ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Niagara ranks 83rd (3.2).
- The Purple Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.6, up from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Saints have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.6 points per game (6.3 below their season average).