Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the Manhattan Jaspers (3-13, 1-3 MAAC) head to Saint Peter’s to play the Peacocks (5-11, 2-2 MAAC). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
Manhattan Jaspers vs. Saint Peter’s Peacocks ATS Odds
In their last game, the Peacocks defeated the Marist Red Foxes, 72-63, while the Jaspers lost to the Monmouth Hawks, 65-49.
The Peacocks had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (above their season average of 28.8) and had a free throw rate of 0.667 (above their season average of 0.221). Manhattan, meanwhile, held Monmouth to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.8 (below their season average of 28.3). Saint Peter’s received a boost from Samuel Idowu, who put up 14 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Thomas Capuano played well for Manhattan, finishing with 11 points.
The Jaspers won the sole game between these two teams last year, 68-57. Manhattan’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Saint Peter’s. The Jaspers had a rate of 0.558 while the Peacocks posted a mark of 0.426. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams square off. Saint Peter’s ranks 298th in possessions per game (67.3) and Manhattan is 346th (64.3).
Manhattan Jaspers vs. Saint Peter’s Peacocks Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Peter’s, ATS Winner – Manhattan, O/U – Over
- Saint Peter’s ranks 39th in blocks per game (4.5) while Manhattan ranks 165th (2.1).
- The Jaspers rank 210th in assists per game (11.2) while the Peacocks rank 231st (10.2).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 234th in rebounds per game (32.7) while Manhattan ranks 249th (31.7).
- The Jaspers rank 30th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Peacocks rank 123rd (22.3).
- Manhattan ranks 68th in steals per game (7.3) while Saint Peter’s ranks 146th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- During their last five games, the Peacocks have scored an average of 64.2 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (7.4 below their season average).
- The Jaspers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.2, down from 9.3 for the season.