The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (13-5, 3-2 CUSA) will be at the Constant Convocation Center to square off with the Old Dominion Monarchs (12-5, 2-2 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at Old Dominion Monarchs Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Monarchs won a close one over the FIU Golden Panthers 75-74, while the Bulldogs defeated the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders 73-56.
Louisiana Tech dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.249) and a turnover percentage of 16.4 (worse than their season average of 14.5). Middle Tennessee put up marks of 0.071 and 22.0, respectively, for those same stats. Old Dominion, on the other hand, won the rebounding battle. The Monarchs had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. six), defensive rebounds (31 vs. 24) and total rebounds (47 vs. 30). Old Dominion was lifted by B.J. Stith, who finished with 19 points and seven rebounds. Amorie Archibald played a key role for Louisiana Tech with 15 points and seven assists.
The Monarchs dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the last game, Old Dominion won 62-58. One of Old Dominion’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 16-19 (84.2 percent), while the Bulldogs were just 2-5 (40.0 percent). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Getting to the line might be rare for Old Dominion in this battle. The Monarchs rank 325th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.176, while Louisiana Tech ranks 56th in FTA rate allowed (0.191).
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at Old Dominion Monarchs Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Old Dominion, ATS Winner – Old Dominion, O/U – Under
- Old Dominion ranks 36th in rebounds per game (39.8) while Louisiana Tech ranks 117th (36.4).
- The Monarchs allow the eighth-fewest steals per game (4.6) while the Bulldogs rank 35th (5.3).
- The Monarchs rank 44th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Bulldogs rank 122nd (13.3).
- Old Dominion ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Louisiana Tech ranks 67th (3.1).
- The Monarchs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, down from 7.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (10.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.2 points per game (7.5 below their season average).