The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (11-3, 1-0 CUSA) and their great offense visit North Texas to play the Mean Green (13-1, 1-0 CUSA) and their superb defense. The game can be seen on ESPN 3 at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs vs. North Texas Mean Green ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Mean Green won big over the Angelo State Rams 89-55, while the Bulldogs defeated the Wichita State Shockers 71-58.
Louisiana Tech played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.460 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7. Wichita State put up marks of 0.204 and 22.9, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, North Texas dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a free throw rate of 0.250 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.617. Angelo State was 0.140 and 0.412, respectively, for those same stats. Umoja Gibson was a key piece for North Texas with 32 points. Amorie Archibald played well for Louisiana Tech, recording 14 points and nine rebounds.
The Bulldogs dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, Louisiana Tech won 68-62. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Louisiana Tech’s largest advantages. They had 26 free throw attempts, while North Texas had 17. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Ryan Woolridge has taken his game to another level as of late for North Texas, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
This contest figures to be a high-scoring affair as a pair of the NCAA’s premier offenses battle. North Texas ranks 17th with 117.5 points per 100 possessions and Louisiana Tech is 33rd (115.1).
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs vs. North Texas Mean Green Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – North Texas, ATS Winner – North Texas, O/U – Over
- North Texas ranks ninth in assists allowed per game (9.7) while Louisiana Tech ranks 162nd (14.3).
- The Bulldogs rank 75th in blocks per game (3.7) while the Mean Green rank 88th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- North Texas ranks 58th in steals per game (7.6) while Louisiana Tech ranks 67th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- The Mean Green rank 39th in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while the Bulldogs rank 97th (21.5).
- North Texas ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (31.0) while Louisiana Tech ranks 61st (32.7).
- The Mean Green’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 30.0, up from 16.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (5.1 below their season average).