The LSU Tigers (9-3) welcome the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (7-4) to Pete Maravich Assembly Center. The Tigers will attempt to prolong their five-game winning streak. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 28, 2018, and will air on SEC Network.
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks at LSU Tigers ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Tigers easily got past the Southeastern Louisiana Lions 94-63, while the Warhawks beat the Jackson State Tigers 75-66.
Louisiana-Monroe played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.302 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.557. For those same stats, Jackson State had marks of 0.232 and 0.473, respectively. Meanwhile, LSU played a flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.2 and a free throw rate of 0.364. For those same stats, Southeastern Louisiana recorded marks of 24.3 and 0.222, respectively. Naz Reid played a key role for LSU with 17 points and six rebounds. Louisiana-Monroe, meanwhile, was lifted by Daishon Smith, who put up 24 points.
Travis Munnings has really been playing well as of late for Louisiana-Monroe, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
LSU could own the offensive glass in this battle. The Tigers rank 31st in offensive rebounding percentage (35.6 percent), while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 321st in defensive rebounding percentage (66.3 percent). Additionally, the Warhawks commit the 42nd-fewest errors in the nation (turnover percentage of 16.4 percent), while the gambling defense of the Tigers causes the 55th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.5 percent).
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks vs. LSU Tigers Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Lsu, ATS Winner – Louisiana-Monroe, O/U – Over
- LSU ranks 49th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 206th (38.4).
- The Tigers rank 36th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Warhawks rank 83rd (12.4).
- The Tigers rank fifth in steals per game (9.8) while the Warhawks rank 134th (5.7).
- LSU ranks 29th in blocks per game (4.9) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 126th (2.6).
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 83.4 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (0.3 above their season average).
- The Warhawks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 7.6 for the season.