The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (6-5) welcome the Kennesaw State Owls (3-10) to McCamish Pavilion. The Owls will attempt to end a six-game road losing streak. The game can be seen on ACC Network at 4 p.m. ET on Friday, December 28, 2018.
Kennesaw State Owls vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Yellow Jackets easily got past the Lamar Cardinals 88-69, while the Owls were victorious over the Oglethorpe Stormy Petrels 68-57.
Kennesaw State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.2 and a free throw rate of 0.220. Oglethorpe put up marks of 15.2 and 0.157, respectively, for those same stats. The Yellow Jackets, meanwhile, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.603 vs. 0.425) and had a better turnover percentage (17.2 vs. 20.3). Georgia Tech was led by Jose Alvarado, who put up 14 points and five assists. Tyler Hooker led the way for Kennesaw State, contributing 25 points and five steals.
Georgia Tech could dominate on defense as they clash against one of the nation’s worst offenses. The Yellow Jackets currently rank 13th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.434), while Kennesaw State is 300th in effective field goal percentage (0.415).
Kennesaw State Owls at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Georgia Tech, O/U – Over
- Georgia Tech ranks 22nd in blocks per game (5.2) while Kennesaw State ranks 99th (3.2).
- The Yellow Jackets rank 146th in assists per game (12.9) while the Owls rank 158th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- The Yellow Jackets rank 44th in steals per game (7.9) while the Owls rank 108th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Georgia Tech ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (18.2) while Kennesaw State ranks 74th (21.9).
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 53.6 points per game (8.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.4 points per game (12.2 below their season average).
- The Yellow Jackets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.0, up from 7.0 for the season.